- Dish type
- Celebration cakes
- Birthday cake
Delicious fruity cake that will keep moist for several days.
25 people made this
- 170g (5 oz) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 85g (3 oz) soft brown sugar
- 30g (1 oz) chopped walnuts
- 2 small eggs
- 1 ripe bananna
- 85g (3 oz) grated carrots
- 85g (3 oz) cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 30g (1 oz) soft butter
- 110g (4 oz) cream cheese
- 85g (3 oz) icing sugar
- 15g (1/2 oz) chopped nuts to decorate
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:40min ›Ready in:1hr
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder and bicab in a medium bowl.
- Add sugar, chopped walnuts and cinnamon.
- Add eggs, mashed bananna and grated carrots.
- Beat mixture then add oil stirring briskly. (at this stage mixture may seem runny but it is more lie a batter than a normal sandwich mix)
- Place mixture in a lined, greased 8 inch sponge tin.
- Bake in the centre of oven, 180 degrees, gas mark 4, for 40 minutes until well risen and firm to touch.
- Mix butter, cream cheese and icing sugar to make frosting.
- When cool split the cake and place frosting in the middle and on the top of the cake. Add nuts to decorate.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
Yummy!! made it for the first time yesterday!! I made mix into a 2 pound loaf. I left out walnuts. I didn't ice it because I had no cream cheese. It's so nice I had to make a second one today! Am thinking of making it into cupcakes next time!-19 Apr 2012