- Dish type
- Frozen desserts
- Frozen yoghurt
Love chocolate ice cream but want to save on the calories? This is a wonderfully rich chocolate frozen yogurt, guaranteed to satisfy your chocolate cravings. A sweet treat you can feel good about!
110 people made this
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 350ml light or fat-free evaporated milk
- 85g plain chocolate chips
- 200g low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:40min ›Ready in:50min
- Stir together the cornflour and sugar, and place in a saucepan. Stir in the evaporated milk and chocolate chips. Cook over medium heat until chocolate is melted and the mixture is thickened. Stir constantly to prevent burning.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, and stir in the natural yoghurt and vanilla. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(85)
Reviews in English (77)
I really loved this. I didn't have light evaporated milk so I used 1/2 evap and 1/2 semi skimmed milk. I also used greek yoghurt in place of low fat yoghurt and used couveture chocolate chips 80% cocoa content. My husband found the flavour quite bitter but that was probably down to my choice of chocolate. Ate it with fresh raspberries - delicious!-29 Jul 2014
Love the ice cream!!!I used half and half caster sugar with demera sugarand found it to be too sweet, so doubled yogurt.All my family loves itand so easy to make-24 May 2015
I love this recipe, everyone in my house loved it. Thanks for such an easy and delicious recipe.-29 Aug 2012