- Dish type
- Vegetable soup
This sweetcorn soup is deliciously different and great to make when you can find fresh sweetcorn. Make a big batch and freeze for homemade lunches and suppers anytime.
2 people made this
- 4 ears fresh sweetcorn, shucked and desilked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 120g pork, cubed
- 120g uncooked prawns, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1L chicken stock
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, washed and dried
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:40min ›Ready in:1hr
- Slice the kernels from the cob and scrape off the remaining bits and juice into a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir the onion and garlic in the hot oil until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add the pork and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes; add the prawns and cook until bright pink on the outside and no longer transparent in the centre, about 5 minutes more.
- Stir the sweetcorn into the pot; season with salt and pepper. Pour the chicken stock over the mixture; bring to a simmer and cook another 10 minutes. Add the spinach to the soup and cook until just wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve hot.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(4)
Reviews in English (4)
I sent my message to soon before I was able to complete it about the Corn Soup. I used Cubed Sirloin Steak cuts cut for me from Fresh Market Meat Department instead of using Pork. I used fresh SpInach and it all tasted healthy and great. Yummy-04 Jun 2017
this is a great base recipe, but i wound up making a few changes to it since i'm not a fan of spinach. i used panchetta instead of pork, added black beans and diced tomatoes for a little extra flavor. otherwise, delish!-26 Dec 2012
I've all but stopped using it since they changed the site a year or more ago. Every time I try to use it I think my blood pressure rises!-14 Sep 2017