- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
An almond-enriched biscuit dough is shaped into cute pretzels, sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and baked to perfection. If you find shaping the pretzels too fiddly, you can roll out the dough and cut biscuits out using a biscuit cutter.
5 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 25 pretzels, depending on size
- For the Biscuits
- 250g plain flour
- 125g ground almonds or hazelnuts
- 50g grated chocolate
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 untreated lemon, zest grated
- 1 pinch salt
- 125g caster sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 150g butter, at room temperature
- For Sprinkling
- 80g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:10min ›Extra time:30min chilling › Ready in:1hr10min
- Work the biscuit ingredients into a smooth dough. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a baking tray.
- Roll dough into thin sausages and form into small pretzels. Transfer to the baking tray.
- Make the cinnamon sugar by mixing together sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over pretzels before baking.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.